I love everything about Christmas. It’s always been magical to me. Here are just a few of my favorite things about the most wonderful time of the year!
- Listening to Linus recite the Christmas story. Truly, I could just fast forward to that part of the movie. Hearing him share the birth of our Savior gives me the warm fuzzies!
- Watching Christmas Vacation with my husband a thousand times between Thanksgiving and the New Year. You can’t help but laugh no matter how many times you’ve seen it. I laugh at my husband laughing….
- Peppermint Mochas from Starbucks.
- Twinkling Christmas lights. I love going to see the huge light display at Chesapeake in Oklahoma City. It takes my breath away every year.
- Christmas music. I usually don’t start listening to it until after Thanksgiving, but this year I broke my rule and started early.
- O Holy Night! My all-time favorite Christmas song. So much theology in that song. I love to turn it up and belt it out! My favorite version is sung by Martina McBride. Sing with me…
Fall on your knees
O hear the angel voices
O night divine!
O night when Christ was born
O night divine!
O night, O night divine!
Putting up our Christmas tree and reminiscing about the memories tied to each ornament we hang. Do you get a new ornament each year? Is your tree themed or decorated with a variety of ornaments?
- My mom’s wreath and NOEL cookies. It’s Christmas tradition. I only get them once a year so I have to savor every bite! I make them now, but they just never taste as good as my mom’s. Why is that?
- Childhood Christmas memories. Spending Christmas Eve at my G-Dad’s house. Putting on my pajamas before loading up in the car to head home to wait for Santa. Granny boxes full of clothes and other goodies (guaranteed there would be a new package of underwear in there!)
- Snooping and finding all my gifts before Christmas. I did it as a kid, I still do it as an adult. It’s pathetic, I know.
- Sitting by the glow of the Christmas tree. Soaking in the true meaning of Christmas.
- Checking the mail and finding red and green envelopes tucked between the usual bills! I love sending and receiving Christmas cards!
- Experiencing Christmas with a little one. Wanting to make it just as magical for him as it was for me!
What are a few of your favorite things about Christmas?